sreda, 14. junij 2017

Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm

I don't get along with foundations too well and much prefer wearing CC or BB creams, but they often come in a very limited shade-range, making it hard for anyone with fair or deep skintones to find a good match. I was looking into trying a korean BB cream for a while and settled on this Dr. Jart+ one a couple months ago and it's quickly become one of my favourite base products.
The Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm (BB Cream) comes in a sleek slim white squeezy tube with blue details and contains 50 ml of product. It comes in only one 'universal' shade, which is very limiting, but the korean base products are known to come in a limited shade range (very often only 2 or 4 shades). Thankfully the shade matches my skintone well, it only has a slightly pink undertone, but after I set it with powder and apply other products on top, it doesn't look too off. It has a slight scent of foundation mixed with sunscreen, but it is barely noticeable. The formula is on the thicker side (not at all runny) and seemed like it wouldn't work for my oily skin, but it turns out there was no reason to worry.  
The product has light-medium buildable coverage and evens out the skin beautifully. I have some sunspots on my cheeks and it doesn't completely cover them. I also need to use a concealer to cover darker blemish marks, but it covers redness well. It looks natural on the skin, which I love, and looks good even if you just use your fingers to apply it. I still prefer reaching for a brush, which makes the job quicker and leaves the complexion looking more even. I use about a pea sized amount, dot it around my face and once I blend it in, I sometimes add a little more in some areas where I feel like I could use a bit more coverage and it builds well.
As the name of the product implies it really helps to cover/minimize the pores (makes them dis-a-pear ;)), smoothes out the texture of the skin in general and doesn't settle into fine lines or cling to dry patches. It has a beautiful natural-satin finish on the skin. I don't notice it controlling excessive sebum production, but it doesn't make the skin oilier than it would normally get. I especially like to set it with the Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder, which smoothes out the pores on my cheeks even further and makes them look even less noticeable.
Ingredients (I only just noticed that it contains niacinamide, which breaks me out, but the amount here must be small because this product doesn't irritate me at all - I feel like it is actually part foundation, part skincare item):
The lasting power is about 5-6 hours now that it is warmer, but in the winter it still looked nice even after 8 hours, at which point it would start wearing off around my nose and got a bit too oily for my liking (if I blot and apply more powder I can get some more wear and it doesn't start looking cakey). Because of its thicker formula I will probably put it away during summer, since I need something longer lasting on my oily skin. It also contains SPF 30 PA++, which should give you some peace of mind on top of the usual sunscreen. 
Texture and spreadability on the skin:
 Comparison swatches (L-R):
- Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream in 31 Ivory,
- Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm,
- Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation in 10 Light Beige,
- Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in 110 Porcelain (US version),
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in 005 – Light Natural.  
Bare skin vs. one layer of Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm:
This BB cream has quickly replaced my other base products and it's been a favourite pretty much from the first time I've tried it. Another CC cream I love is the Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream, which is about a shade too dark for me, although passable in the summer, so this one has successfully replaced it for other seasons. If you're looking for a great natural looking base with decent coverage and a light shade this one is a great choice. 

I bought mine from Jolse and it is also available from Sephora (in two shades actually). 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar